•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

replacement brass clamp ring for 2" to 1.25" adapter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 davidrandell

davidrandell

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:46 AM

Hi everybody,

I have a polished black Tele Vue 2" to 1.25" high-hat adapter that originally came with my Tele Vue Pronto. The other day I realised the brass clamp ring had fallen out and is now lost. Any ideas about replacing this and what to use, other than contacting Tele Vue directly to see if they have any replacement rings? The adapter still works fine, but obviously looses its no-mar locking feature.

Many thanks
David R

#2 don clement

don clement

Vendor (Clement Focuser)

• -----
  • Vendors
  • Loc: Running Springs, California

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:21 AM

I use a HF 12" combination Shear, Press Brake and Slip Roll to make the brass compression rings. Cut the brass strips using the shear and then impart the curve using the slip roller. 

Don

slip roller.jpg

• wrvond likes this

#3 Jon Isaacs

Jon Isaacs

ISS

• Loc: San Diego and Boulevard, CA

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:27 AM

I have made a few brass rings.  I have some sheet brass and I lay out the length and width by scribing the surface with calipers and I use ordinary scissors to cut the brass.  I then use my fingers to form it into the correct shape.

But honestly, I very often remove the brass compression ring.  I prefer the aluminum thumb screws that TeleVue uses.

Jon

#4 davidrandell

davidrandell

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 June 2019 - 03:54 AM

Thanks for the replies and suggestions. I'll see how I get on without the brass compression ring.

David R

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics