•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SUNKIST.NOTIFYICONDATA.hWnd?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mike Casey

Mike Casey

In Memoriam

• In Memoriam
  • topic starter

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:02 PM

Has anyone had experience with a program or process called SUNKIST.NOTIFYICONDATA.hWnd? Last evening, I tried to backup some of my spreadsheets to a CD. The first sign of trouble was when the CD refused to open its contents menu. Then the CD drive door refused to open. Next, the cursor froze and my computer became dead as a rock. Control-Alt-Delete was able to open the Taskmanager, but when I tried to shutdown my computer, a notice box opened saying that SUNKIST.NOTIFYICONDATA.hWnd was in the process of closing. Then nothing. I could find no sign of it when viewing the running process list. Finally I was able to close the SUNKIST process but then my computer went back to sleep again. I had to throw the wall switch to turn off my machine. Once restarted, I ran Nortons AV, Ad-Aware, and Spybot without finding anything. A search looking for SUNKIST* came up negative also. After going online, I went to Dogpile and did a search and came up with just enough information to find out that there seemed to be a missing Icon in my service tray. I found a Microsoft webpage that deals with this process but still do not know or understand just what was happening. This is the first time I have ever had a problem of this nature. Can anyone explain this to me in simple non-technical terms I can understand? Thanks. :crazy:

http://msdn.microsof...ifyicondata.asp

BTW; I am running Win XP SP2.

#2 StarWars

StarWars

Mr. Postmaster Man

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:24 PM

you may need to un-install Nero and then re-install Nero again ..... :grin:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics