•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC6334 - Bear (Cat) Paw Nebula

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 joshman

joshman

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:32 AM

Hey all,

From focus issues to forgetting to collect calibration data to clouds, the universe has always seemed to be against me every time I've tried to image this target. But finally I managed to put in a solid 4 hour imaging run to catch the data in this image. I definitely need to take another pass at this object as I really need at least double the OIII and SII data that I have here. and i need to use exposure longer than 120s at that.

The technical acquisition details are all on the astrobin page linked below, but the quick version:

Saxon 102 FCD100 APO Triplet + ASI1600MM on a HEQ5 mount

Baader, Narrowband set mount in a ZWO EFW

Ha: 25x 120s

OIII: 45x120s

SII: 45x120s

Flats and Flat darks were taken right after the imaging run, A Masterdark and Bad pixel map from my library were used

get.jpg?insecure

Thanks for looking,

Clear skies!

• mikewayne3, elmiko, BenKolt and 6 others like this

#2 BQ Octantis

BQ Octantis

Surveyor 1

• Loc: The Red Centre, NT, Australia

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:42 AM

Worthy of print, mate!

BQ

#3 Gipht

Gipht

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Prescott Valley, AZ.

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:17 AM

People from the southern hemisphere are much to modest.  We northerners really enjoy seeing all the objects in the southern sky. 

• Astroman007 likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics