•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter | 2019-03-22 | Second time's a charm!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AstroEthan

AstroEthan

Vanguard

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

I'm sure some of you remember the thread about my first test run of imaging at my university that failed spectacularly. This is the second attempt over a month later, and I'd say it was a good success! My laptop's LiPo battery didn't lose power almost immediately (although it did shut off early again from the chilly temperature just before I wrapped up). This is where I'll probably do most imaging for the next two years.

Telescope: Orion Apex 90mm
Camera: ZWO ASI224MC
Filter: ZWO IR UV Cut
Accessory: ZWO Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector

Click for full size & details:
Jupiter | 2019-03-22 10:24 | RGB

Jupiter | 2019-03-22 10:34 | RGB

Jupiter | 2019-03-22 10:46 | RGB

• John Gauvreau, Merk, Lacaille and 3 others like this

#2 cajusor

cajusor

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Miami, Florida

Posted 16 June 2019 - 12:16 PM

Great pics

#3 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:30 PM

I'm sure some of you remember the thread about my first test run of imaging at my university that failed spectacularly. This is the second attempt over a month later, and I'd say it was a good success! My laptop's LiPo battery didn't lose power almost immediately (although it did shut off early again from the chilly temperature just before I wrapped up). This is where I'll probably do most imaging for the next two years.

Telescope: Orion Apex 90mm
Camera: ZWO ASI224MC
Filter: ZWO IR UV Cut
Accessory: ZWO Atmospheric Dispersion Corrector

Click for full size & details:

Whaaat!!! You expect people to read your posts Ethan..?!? :rofl:

Sorry, I couldn't resist that comment ;) - but I thought it was a C8 you were using at uni...& something more recent about not being able to access a building or area anymore that you took your first images from..?

Anyway, not bad images from that little "pop-gun!" waytogo.gif

#4 AstroEthan

AstroEthan

Vanguard

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: San Antonio, Texas, United States

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:43 PM

Just for you Darryl, I will not put any text in my next thread. Mark my words (or lack thereof)!

The 90mm scope was for this test run. You might recall the photo I had from the failed attempt with the dead battery the month before. I started using my C8 after this session. The observatory where all the telescopes are held is on top of a big building with uneven and wobbly tiles on the roof, so I don't image there. I drive to a "dark" corner of the campus instead.

You'll see what this little "pop-gun" can do soon enough (unless you've already seen it on a certain Japanese website). It blew me away recently! bigshock.gif

IMG_20190213_053600.jpg

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics