•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Rolling Gate Opener for ROR

equipment observatory
  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:01 AM

Alex, I understand the issue with fully opening the roof could be an issue, but that directions already owned by a 25 ft Maple that claimed that horizon years ago lol.gif That's one reason I was trying to get the actual measurements of the unit when I called the manufacturer to determine the limits.

Grey

#27 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:26 AM

Good luck with this, Grey.  I've been looking at installing this same setup in my observatory.  I'm watching with interest.  smile.gif

If you remember this thread

from when we were both much younger. You know I'm not opposed to posting updates on my observatory projects.smirk.gif 

Grey

#28 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 23 June 2019 - 02:56 PM

They delivered the power unit around 11 this AM. They did an excellent job packing it. I read a lot of reviews before ordering it and the most common negative was with the instructions. Maybe they stepped up and reworked them. I found the labeled photo included with mine clear and easy to follow. I spent some time laying out the parts on my worktable biggest hassle was  keeping the magnets and small metal bits from jumbling up. my first few photos can be found here

Wish me luck!

Grey

#29 gordtulloch

gordtulloch

Explorer 1

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:07 PM

Hey there - can you control this unit from a computer? Either via relay or some intermediate internet connector? Thanks!

#30 Greyhaven

Greyhaven

Skylab

• topic starter

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:50 PM

That's not a feature I've looked into. The observatory is located in my backyard and the remotes are well within their range from anywhere on my property. 

Grey 

#31 Alex McConahay

Alex McConahay

Cosmos

• Loc: Moreno Valley, CA

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:42 PM

can you control this unit from a computer?

The answer is yes for  Alekos in general. Botoh from local and remote computers.

Several people at our observing area do it. I do not know the specifics. 

Alex

• Greyhaven likes this

#32 gordtulloch

gordtulloch

Explorer 1

Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:24 AM

Seems like gogogate devices work and can easily be controlled via IFTTT, can anyone confirm this works? Thanks :)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: equipment, observatory

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics