•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help a 100% noob

accessories
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gustavo_sanchez

gustavo_sanchez

Apollo

• Moderators
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Puerto Rico, US

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:11 PM

Ok, I think I'm lost in the Quark dimension. I was about to pull the trigger with one of the Daystar 60 Scout scopes to start imaging, but it's because it seems like a quick and dirty approach to start with solar imaging. However, it feels like something missing. I already have a nice short refractor (Orion 85mm ED-X2) that seems usable for solar imaging. Can anyone please explain which Quark model should I use with my scope, and with which setup, additional filters/adapters, etc?. I would like to get the full solar disk, but if it's not possible, then it's ok.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

#2 Spikey131

Spikey131

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 16 June 2019 - 06:46 PM

You want a Quark Original.  It is designed to work with scope operating at f/4 to f/8, so you are good to go with your scope.  You will almost get a full disk visually, but you will need a focal reducer to image a full disk.  For visual, all you need is a 25 or 32 Plossl.  I do not image, so others will need to chime in regarding further details.

From what I understand, the Scout is not ideal for imaging because of the marginal helical focuser.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics