•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jet Stream + Wind + Clouds + Dew = Decent Irish Seeing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Wexford, Ireland

Posted 18 June 2019 - 05:20 AM

Against all odds the seeing was "decent" for 52 degrees. Here's the first of several (I'm hoping). 

Jupiter at f/18, CPC 1100, 20% of 15,000 frames. 180 second capture with ASI224MC.

2019-06-17-2355_4-KB-L_lapl6_ap55 enh.jpg

• Sunspot, John Boudreau, George Bailey and 14 others like this

#2 happylimpet

happylimpet

Soyuz

• Loc: Southampton, UK

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:40 AM

Yeah! Ive managed a couple with similar levels of details from over here. Still worth it eh!

• kevinbreen likes this

#3 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

Yeah! Ive managed a couple with similar levels of details from over here. Still worth it eh!

Sure is rockon.gif

#4 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:56 AM

2019-06-17-2233_7-KB-L_lapl6_ap55.jpg

• John Boudreau, RedLionNJ, phileefan and 2 others like this

#5 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 June 2019 - 09:53 AM

2019-06-17-2341_7-KB-L_lapl6_ap21.jpg

• John Boudreau, kbev, happylimpet and 2 others like this

#6 phileefan

phileefan

Viking 1

• Loc: Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:25 AM

Kevin,

Nice images you have! Glad the night worked out for you. Here's hoping you have a few more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#7 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:37 AM

Kevin,

Nice images you have! Glad the night worked out for you. Here's hoping you have a few more.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks Mick. They’re not bad at all, given the conditions. Having a lie-down now but I’ll get up and do another victory lap around the garden in a while 👍

#8 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:50 PM

Yay, I love commenting on my own posts! It's like having a conversation with myself!! 

Sorry the images are too crap for you, but I'm having a blast.

band2.sml.gif rockon.gif rockon.gif rockon.gif rockon.gif gve.gif

Here's the final image from last night (actually early this morning, always a pleasant surprise when I realize there is data from after midnight). Spoiler alert: It's crap.

2019-06-18-0002_6-KB-L_lapl6_ap54.jpg

and a really brutal animation

https://www.dropbox.... final.gif?dl=0

#9 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:10 AM

Yay, I love commenting on my own posts! It's like having a conversation with myself!! 

...sometimes everybody's your friend Kev...sometimes they ain't! :lol:

Personally I always try to respond to folks that are "regulars" here who are sociable themselves - & you're certainly one of them! ;)

Of course that lazy old "Like" has supplanted a lot of more direct contact but that's life: glad you got some satisfaction out of these & I can understand why waytogo.gif & I actually opt for the last one you term "crap" 'cos it's softer...actually, halfway between the first & last would be my aim, thinking a bit more.

#10 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 June 2019 - 06:06 AM

...sometimes everybody's your friend Kev...sometimes they ain't! lol.gif

Personally I always try to respond to folks that are "regulars" here who are sociable themselves - & you're certainly one of them! wink.gif

Of course that lazy old "Like" has supplanted a lot of more direct contact but that's life: glad you got some satisfaction out of these & I can understand why waytogo.gif & I actually opt for the last one you term "crap" 'cos it's softer...actually, halfway between the first & last would be my aim, thinking a bit more.

Thanks Darryl. Out in the field, literally, in my case, the seeing always seems to be better than it actually is - the results are always a tad disappointing after processing. Which sucks, but in this case they're the best of a bad lot thus far in 2019.

#11 kbev

kbev

Apollo

• -----
  • Loc: Far, far east Mesa

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:06 AM

...the seeing always seems to be better than it actually is - the results are always a tad disappointing after processing. 

I have recent and persistent examples of this being true!  I'll get everything dialed in, the feed usually looks good and I run off my captures only to be very disenchanted when I get them processed.  Last night was an exception and the final results mostly lived up to my expectations lol.gif

#12 kevinbreen

kevinbreen

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 June 2019 - 07:22 AM

I have recent and persistent examples of this being true! I'll get everything dialed in, the feed usually looks good and I run off my captures only to be very disenchanted when I get them processed. Last night was an exception and the final results mostly lived up to my expectations lol.gif

Great!
Let’s be having them then!
Chop chop

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics