•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter | 2019-04-02 | Finally getting it right!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AstroEthan

AstroEthan

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Cibolo, Texas, United States

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:30 PM

Firstly, if you saw my previous thread and wondered why it had no text other than what and when, I had a promise to keep. Shame, I had a pretty good story from that morning and now nobody will know the details I left out in the write-up you get when you click the images. lol.gif

In the continuing saga of using my C8 at the university, I've had a few stumbles, such as not being able to keep my laptop on under cold temperatures, forgetting the barlow, and not realizing my Power Tank couldn't handle a power strip, but I finally managed to get it all working without an issue. It's fortunate I got that Power Tank issue sorted out by this morning because the air was freezing cold again! I had to scrape ice off my car windows before driving to my spot on campus, something I never thought would happen here in APRIL!

Telescope: Celestron C8 EdgeHD
Camera: ZWO ASI174MM
Barlow: Celestron X-Cel 3x
Filter: Orion Red, Orion Green, Orion Blue

Click for full size & details
Jupiter | 2019-04-02 11:03 | RGB

• RedLionNJ, WarmWeatherGuy, pgs/sdg and 3 others like this

#2 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:06 AM

aawwwww! Come on Ethan, I want to hear the whole story...not just the pikkies! ;)

I'll "release" you from your vow of silence if that's permissible..! :lol:

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics