•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Filters for OSC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Timmcq1

Timmcq1

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:46 PM

I've been using an unmodded Nikon D3100 for about a year now and just made the jump a couple days ago and picked up a ZWO294mc pro. I was wondering if there are any filters that I should get for it like for light pollution or narrowband. Is it worth picking up for instance an Ha filter for OSC?

#2 petert913

petert913

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 19 June 2019 - 12:58 PM

I've heard very good things, and seen good results with the new dual narrow band, and triple narrow band filters.

They are not inexpensive but the results with OSC look great.

• Timmcq1 likes this

#3 t-ara-fan

t-ara-fan

Viking 1

• -----

Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:11 PM

picked up a ZWO294mc pro.

This camera has an AR (anti-reflective) coating on the glass, but no filter. So UV and IR get through.  With any refractive optical components in your system you will get bloated stars. So at a minimum, you need the UV IR Cut filter.   LP filters for the most part cut UV and IR, plus more. But check that there is no passband at the low and high ends.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics