•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter June 19

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 schu

schu

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Nebraska

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:58 AM

This was by far the best seeing that I've encountered all year.  Certainly not pristine - with Jupiter still down around 20 degrees there's only so much you can do - but seeing was good enough that it immediately grabbed my attention on the video feed.

I hoped to get Saturn as well but light clouds rolled in before it got to a reasonable elevation.  Still I managed quite a bit of Jupiter data and hopefully will have more updates to the thread in the coming days.

Jup 224818 lapl6 ap91 Sc

• Sunspot, yock1960, mikewayne3 and 11 others like this

#2 DMach

DMach

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: The most light-polluted country in the world :(

Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:16 AM

This was by far the best seeing that I've encountered all year.  Certainly not pristine - with Jupiter still down around 20 degrees there's only so much you can do - but seeing was good enough that it immediately grabbed my attention on the video feed.

I hoped to get Saturn as well but light clouds rolled in before it got to a reasonable elevation.  Still I managed quite a bit of Jupiter data and hopefully will have more updates to the thread in the coming days.

Very nice result, schu!

I feel your pain re: Saturn ... what you describe has happened to me numerous times this season. Seems Saturn is feeling a bit shy this year lol.

• schu likes this

#3 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:58 AM

An excellent result there schu...very well procesed also! waytogo.gif waytogo.gif

• schu likes this

#4 schu

schu

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:47 PM

Thank you! A vote of confidence from the master!  Processing is tough.  I'm trying new things and being much more careful and as a result am now really disappointed in myself for some of last year's images...  But the image up top is probably my best processing effort so far even if the capture data wasn't great.

#5 schu

schu

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:50 PM

More Jupiter from June 19th - this is an animation from 2 frames taken 11 minutes apart.  Moons are Io (left), Calliso (top), and Europa (right).  

These are very fun to make.  The only disappointment is that these are the only 2 frames taken of the wide field of view.

output eeq4mE

h69WfDa.gif

Edited by schu, 20 June 2019 - 09:53 PM.

• roelb likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics