•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

I would apreciate some info about Tento 08X40 binoculars

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kamarov

Kamarov

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:21 AM

Hi there mates, I just want some info (details, manufacturer's quality, history) about the Soviet/Russian binoculars' manufacturer known as Tento. In particular I want to know information about the model 08X40. Because maybe I'll purchase a Tento 08X40 binocular that I have find in Spain, I know that the number inside the circle should be the year that was manufactured the binocular but the photo from seller doesn't show this detail, also the picture's quality isn't great. In the photo also you can see the serial number and other stuff like the binocular, binocular's holster, a pair of yellow filters and the cardboart box.

Also I heard that the best quality is from the Soviet times so I want to know this things to see if this binocular from this seller is worth it or isn't.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Kamarov, 20 June 2019 - 10:24 AM.

#2 Binojunky

Binojunky

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:39 AM

Whats the price? to be honest Russian binos vary a great deal and the quality can vary, you are probably better off with a modern equivalent by Nikon, Pentax etc,D

• Pinac likes this

#3 Kamarov

Kamarov

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 12:26 PM

i865193059.jpg?pictureSize=W640

i865183798.jpg?pictureSize=W640

i865198227.jpg?pictureSize=W640

Pictures provided by the seller.

The price is 50€ I think that is something like 56,45$. I think that the rpice isn´t bad if the binoculars are soviet ones and not russian ones from the 90´s. I also should add that I like this kind of binoculars because resembles to a Spanish "Enosa Luremar 7X50" (from a esthetic point of view) that my grandfather had from the "Guardia Civil" (Spanish police similar to the French Gendarmerie).

At first instance I´ll use while hiking.

#4 Corcaroli78

Corcaroli78

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: 55N, 9E, Denmark

Posted 21 June 2019 - 03:18 AM

Hi Kamarov,

Russian binos like the TENTO have good quality. I have had several but i have sold them or give them as a gift as i replaced them for two reasons: yellowish image and short eye relief that is very important for me as i wear glasses.

The 8x40 that you show seems to be in good condition and looks nice, but in the other side, there are no pictures of the optics that could help us to give a better assessment.

If the optics are fine, i think the price is very reasonable for the european market. (i also buy in Europe and this price is not usual for this condition)

Carlos 

#5 Binojunky

Binojunky

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:17 AM

Now I see them they look a good sample, at the price asked worth buying, enjoy,D.

#6 Antonio R.G

Antonio R.G

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:24 AM

Tento 8x40 is very good binocular with sharp and quality image, but it have very short eye relieve, certainly. I have mine from a particular seller for 30€, as new, with case, strap and filters. I think it was a great business for me.. This Tento isn't so common in Ebay as others (10x50, 7x50) and It tend to be dearer when it appear. 50€ is good if it's in very good shape (no foggy inside or collimation problems)...

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics