•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Meade's 4.2k fixed my scope

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 docent

docent

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:57 AM

I've owned my 10" LX200GPS scope now, for about 14 years.   Been a great scope, and very dependable.

2 weeks ago, at one of our public star parties, my scope started to do some strange things.  When I turned

on the scope, it use to "beep' and start the initial startup.  No Beep.  Even though it showed it was going

through the GPS mode, finding 4-5 stars, it was incorrect in the date & time.  I tried to do an "Auto Alignment"

and computer tried to find stars not even up yet.  I tried calibrating sensors, calibrate Home, train drives, etc,

and still wouldn't work.

I called Meade's Customer Service.  I live in the LA area, and figured I'd drive down to Irvine, and drop off

the scope for repair.  Spoke to Sal, in Customer Service, and he really helped me out.   He was very patient

with me, and we went over everything.  I had the 4.2g in the scope, and he suggested downloading the 4.2k.

He sent this to me, via email.  I installed the 4.2k and my scope works again.  Only thing it doesn't do - - - -is beep.

Yes, its turned on in the Utilities Menu, and can't get it to beep again.

I figured, it was going to cost me a lot of money to get it fixed, but Sal help me though this issue.  He told me, that

Meade sends the scopes from Irvine, down to Mexico, where they do repairs.  I would have been without my scope

for a couple months.  I guess, I can do without the beep.  But I want to openly THANK Sal for helping me with

this problem, and saving me my Social Security money for the month.

THANKS SAL

Sincerely

Mike

Simi Valley

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics