•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

AZEQ6 GT Stiffness in RA and vibration in RA Axis Movement (unpowered)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 PirateMike

PirateMike

Mercury-Atlas

• -----
  • Loc: A Green Dot On A Blue Sea

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:16 AM

Any tips on polar alignment would be welcome.

I just PM'd you. Check your message box.

• WicklowSkies76 likes this

#27 elmiko

elmiko

Gemini

• -----
  • Loc: Arizona

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:05 AM

Yes I know that, I thought it was maybe worth a try. Knowing that it is a used mount, you never know what the prior owner could have done. Possible he tightened the screws down so much that caused binding. Don't know if that is even possible, but maybe worth a try.

Mike

#28 jrsm

jrsm

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Fraser Valley BC

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:26 PM

If the retaining nut on the RA shaft is too tight, it can create friction between the worm gear and the clutch.  The clutch mechanism looks very similar to its smaller brother the azeaq 5 and in this case tightening the retaining nut too much will create too much friction between the worm wheel and the clutch.  There are a bunch of allens screws around the nut.  Loosen them and back off the retaining nut just a bit until the mount moves freely, but no more.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics