•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ATIKBase now available!

astrophotography star party
  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Atik Cameras

Atik Cameras

Atik Cameras

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 24 June 2019 - 08:45 AM

Hi all,

We are happy to announce that the ATIKBase is now available from you local Atik dealer!

The ATIKBase is a small computer that can be mounted to your telescope to conveniently control camera and other hardware from your portable devices, giving you a new level of portability and convenience to your imaging. The software is a collaboration between Ikarus Technologies and Atik to create a custom version of their highly regarded StellarMate system. Now you can enjoy auto-focusing, powerful image acquisition, plate solving and high accuracy GoTo telescope control. Uniquely, the ATIKBase features an offline EKOS live mode allowing your mobile device to control  the imaging system without requiring access to the internet or VNC ... Perfect for star parties!

Please see our website for further details https://www.atik-cam...duct/atik-base/

Feel free to ask any questions! I will do my best to answer them :)

Best regards

Vince

Atik / QSI cameras.

• Phil Cowell, dhaval and kolsen like this

#2 Hajfimannen

Hajfimannen

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Sweden

Posted 28 July 2019 - 04:38 AM

I am putting together my first DSO imaging system and the AtikBase could be just what I've been looking for. 

As I live in Sweden I am looking for a way to stay inside my house monitoring the session while the rig is on my driveway doing its thing.

Is the AtikBase a full-fledged computer where I'd put all my software and where the images would be stored?

Or is it more of a hub allowing for easy access and less cables between the mount and imaging computer?

Does it have built in wi-fi or do I need to ad a Rasberry Pi3 and AtikAir?

#3 Nshepro

Nshepro

Lift Off

• -----
  • Loc: North Carolina

Posted 03 October 2020 - 06:25 AM

Is there dew heater control? And there is zero video reviews about this, so is it basically a stellarmate and Pegasus power box all in one? Thank you.

#4 Atik Cameras

Atik Cameras

Atik Cameras

• -----
  • Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 17 November 2020 - 07:07 AM

Hello,

Sorry we weren't notified of your post! The Atikbase is based on the Stellarmate OS with a custom made top hat which includes a Atik focuser driver and a 9 pin connection for a stepper motor. Three power distribution ports, and ST4 port and the unit is powered from a 12 volt supply. 

I have used one in my observatory for the past couple of years controlling my setup.

I hope this helps

Vince :)

• Phil Cowell likes this

#5 premk19

premk19

Viking 1

Posted Yesterday, 06:07 PM

Hello,

Sorry we weren't notified of your post! The Atikbase is based on the Stellarmate OS with a custom made top hat which includes a Atik focuser driver and a 9 pin connection for a stepper motor. Three power distribution ports, and ST4 port and the unit is powered from a 12 volt supply. 

I have used one in my observatory for the past couple of years controlling my setup.

I hope this helps

Vince smile.gif

Any plans to upgrade to Pi 4?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, star party

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics