•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SynScan Wireless to control you mount, auto-guide and run your imaging session.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 astro-foto

astro-foto

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Miami, Florida United States.

Posted 24 June 2019 - 09:58 AM

Hi all!

Greetings from Southwest Miami, Florida.

You guys may to be trying, or already doing, what I would like to do: run my mount, guiding system and imaging session, wireless, perhaps REMOTE, with my Windows 10 desktop or laptop, or Android tablet or cell phone.

Is this possible?

I am an 81 year old backyard Winter aficionado and done some DSLR imaging and a few imaging sessions with a ZWO 290mm mini with Celestron  Goto mounts… You could say that I am a newbie both in DSO imaging (which I would like to learn to do) and to EQ mounts and auto-guiding.

I acquired a few days ago a SkyWatcher EQ6-R-Pro and today I will be receiving the SkyWatcher SynScan WiFi Dongle.

This is my first EQ mount and will be my first attempt to Auto-guide and to seriously DSO image. The scope I plan to use is a Celestron C6 SCT OTA with a Celestron  .63 focal reducer.

I am very curious, inquisitive, and somewhat savvy with computers, manly Windows 10 in desktop and laptops. I have available in Android, cell phones and several tablets.

Have any of you guys been able to get it done?

With regards to all and clear nights,

Juan

Edited by astro-foto, 24 June 2019 - 10:00 AM.

#2 einarin

einarin

Surveyor 1

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:33 AM

SkyWatcher SynScan WiFi Dongle is meant only to control mount.

You need to have computer near mount which controls mount, imaging, autoguiding etc and then you can contact that computer wireless.

#3 rgsalinger

rgsalinger

Aurora

• Moderators
  • Loc: Carlsbad Ca

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:49 AM

It's really not possible to do that at this time. https://astronomy-im...duct/zwo-asiair is pretty close though if you have the right gear.

Rgrds-Ross

#4 AstronoDon

AstronoDon

Vostok 1

• Loc: Connecticut, US

Posted 24 June 2019 - 11:51 AM

You can leave a computer or tablet running your cameras and mount near the scope and remote into that from another pc. Or you can purchase an asiair (compatible equipment limited) or stellar mate (more compatability).

If you are computer saavy and don't mind a lot of heart ache and diy work you can purchase a Raspberry pi and download the astroberry image onto it for free. Works out of the box and functions very well as a remote option. This is what I am currently working on. Requires learning kstars and ekos as an imaging software but is generally pretty intuitive.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics