•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Best Black for now?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 stoest

stoest

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 24 June 2019 - 05:45 PM

The recent thread about Black 3.0 (https://www.cloudyni...here/?hl=+black) got me looking at my dob and there are several places where I need to re-black surfaces.  I've signed up for a notification when Black 3.0 is available but it looks like that will be a couple of months so I'm wondering what the the best alternative to that would be for right now?

I have a bit of Protostar flock board that I got to experiment with a while ago, but there are some places where it won't fit and probably only paint will do.

#2 3 i Guy

3 i Guy

Messenger

• Loc: Tampa, FL

Posted 24 June 2019 - 06:28 PM

I use Chalkboard paint ....like this

#3 tony_spina

tony_spina

Vanguard

• Loc: So. Cal.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:11 AM

I have tested all the rust-o-lium flat blacks.  The darkest black is the camouflage followed by the chalkboard black

• SteveG likes this

#4 jtsenghas

jtsenghas

Skylab

• Loc: The flatlands of Northwest Ohio 41.11N --Bloomdale

Posted 27 June 2019 - 06:20 PM

I have tested all the rust-o-lium flat blacks.  The darkest black is the camouflage followed by the chalkboard black

So, is that a flat black used typically as one color among several camouflage colors with a light last coat of the chalkboard paint? 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics