•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Raspberry Pi 4 is out

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#51 giorgio_ne

giorgio_ne

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: London, England

Posted 08 December 2019 - 04:08 AM

tried indigo with a raspberry pi4 works ok except everything is flipped and config is far from "out of the box" or easy for that matter :-/  

to be precise here are my complaints about that one:

-latitude longitude in non-standard format. (uses 00:00:00 format ... )  i say point to south and it points north :-(  still scratching my head on that one.

-not "super stable" tried it here worked, went out (was a clearsky but not really dark)  not connecting, figuring its usb port rescan ...nothing. tried with laptop ... not working so well either my alignment was off , with the farmers harvesting their field and passing by every five minutes and my hands frozen i gave up :-(

trying it again indoors i have the first point. with coordinates not making any sense ... sky looks ok but when i move it moves somewhere not related...

- looks like i have to boot the rasp before connecting the scope.

other than that all my equipment is recognized as should. although still working out how all of this works :-(

with nina everything works fine except the user i guess.  trying APT with indigo and burning another SD with astroberry see if its better.

This happens because the raspberry pi doesn’t have an hardware clock. Have a look at this thread, it’s for another mount but the underlining issue is the same:
https://www.indilib....ma-2-users.html

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics