•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Accessories or extras for the dobs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Aurora

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:08 AM

Hey/Hi again,

As long i am going into this large dob plan so i also have to think about additional accessories or extras i need to add for this dobsonian.

My main plan is what kind of motors i need to add for it? tracking and goto i mean, i did read about ServoCat and Argo Navis and Nexus and more, so i don't know what exactly i have to get or which will be a must.

It is 20" dob, so i have to make sure i choose the right things to add.

#2 kfiscus

kfiscus

Baltic Birch Dob Bases

• Vendors
  • Loc: Albert Lea, MN, USA

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:04 AM

I hesitate to classify go-to gear as "accessories".  You need to tell us more about this big dob you are getting.  Many dobs come with the go-to equipment already installed.  You are in for amazing views at the aperture if everything goes well with your plans.  Good luck.

#3 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Aurora

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:36 AM

I hesitate to classify go-to gear as "accessories".  You need to tell us more about this big dob you are getting.  Many dobs come with the go-to equipment already installed.  You are in for amazing views at the aperture if everything goes well with your plans.  Good luck.

It is a customized or by request dob, so someone will design it for me, the structure, and i will add mirrors and accessories such as focusers cables motors and whatever.

So, it is 20" [ i will try to make it f/4] version dob without any extras yet, and that is why i ask about goto, it is not a mass production one that i buy it all as a full or whole package, so any more details you need i will tell you.

#4 epee

epee

Gemini

• Loc: Suh-van-nuh, Jaw-juh

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:56 AM

You are going to need good quality collimation equipment, regardless of whether the Dob is powered or not.

#5 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Aurora

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

You are going to need good quality collimation equipment, regardless of whether the Dob is powered or not.

Collimation is the last thing i can worry about because the collimation tool is cheaper than mirrors and goto/tracking systems.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics