•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

DSSP - Stellarvue owners Star Party at Likely.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scadvice

scadvice

Apollo

• Vendors
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Lodi, California

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:36 PM

I'm going this year for the first time and wondering if any of you CN's are going also?

#2 ShaulaB

ShaulaB

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Missouri

Posted 25 June 2019 - 06:45 PM

FWIW, it would help a lot to have a link, or the acronym spelled out.  So I guess googling is in order.

Had my SVX080T out last night in the first really clears skies in months. Such a happy time!

Thanks.

#3 scadvice

scadvice

Apollo

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:29 PM

FWIW, it would help a lot to have a link, or the acronym spelled out.  So I guess googling is in order.

Had my SVX080T out last night in the first really clears skies in months. Such a happy time!

Thanks.

https://www.stellarv...m/stellartrips/

Fourth of July to the 7th. Sold out this year... In Likely, California.

Edited by scadvice, 25 June 2019 - 07:31 PM.

#4 AlexTardif

AlexTardif

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Sacramento, CA

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:50 AM

Hey there - I'll be going for the first time for two nights, really looking forward to it :)

#5 Bill Barlow

Bill Barlow

Skylab

• Loc: Overland Park KS

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

I was curious, besides bringing your SV scope, are you allowed to bring other scopes, say a C11?

Bill

#6 scadvice

scadvice

Apollo

• Vendors
  • topic starter

Posted 27 June 2019 - 01:00 PM

LOL...I'm a newbee also. From what I understand in this e-mail I received : "You can bring other brand telescopes but they will be subject to continuous ridicule."   I say it's only fair as it's a Stellarvue  sponsored even for Stellarvue scope owners.

Alex, We come in on the 3rd midday with a trailer. Hopefully I can pick your brain on the ZWO ASI071 - Pro I just bought but have yet to setup.

• AlexTardif likes this

#7 AlexTardif

AlexTardif

Mariner 2

• -----
  • Loc: Sacramento, CA

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:53 PM

LOL...I'm a newbee also. From what I understand in this e-mail I received : "You can bring other brand telescopes but they will be subject to continuous ridicule."   I say it's only fair as it's a Stellarvue  sponsored even for Stellarvue scope owners.

Alex, We come in on the 3rd midday with a trailer. Hopefully I can pick your brain on the ZWO ASI071 - Pro I just bought but have yet to setup.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.  I will be brining a Tak to the party for visual and open to whatever ridicule the gang wants to dish out :)

Still finding my way around ASI071 Pro - seems like a good option for no-fuss setup out in the field and should OK for such dark skies with no filters.  One word of caution - take your time cooling it down.  Last night I killed the hour I had to image due to dew building up on the sensor: I had it down to -15C, cooled over 10min, and for the first time it happened.  I'm testing it at home right now to see if dew builds up again (can only get it down to -10C in the house) and hopefully this was a one-time occurrence.  Will go out again tonight to see if happens again at -15/-20, but I'll be sure to set cooling time to at least 20min.

• scadvice likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics