•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mouse issue with ZWO 1600 Pro

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ehanes7612

ehanes7612

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Seattle, Wa

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:47 PM

I have three different computers and recently I have had issues with connecting a ZWO 1600 Pro to each of them...erratic and non responsive mouse. NOt as bad but noticeable on the MacBook Pro (with nebulosity) but really bad on the two PC's (with SGP) (one brand new). Tried two different cords. No issues with Phd or my focuser/rotator connection. IS there some feedback electrical issue with the camera?

Edited by ehanes7612, 26 June 2019 - 03:48 AM.

#2 kisstek

kisstek

Ranger 4

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:08 AM

I haven't had any issue like that with my two Windows (7 & 8) computers when connected to my ASI1600mm Pro. But mine is connected via a USB hub. Have you tried putting a USB hub between the ASI1600 and your computers? That would provide some isolation and might give you a hint as to what's the root cause.

#3 ehanes7612

ehanes7612

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:13 AM

worth a shot, thanks

Edited by ehanes7612, 26 June 2019 - 12:13 AM.

#4 ehanes7612

ehanes7612

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 June 2019 - 03:51 AM

Well, it has something to do with the cooling. When I leave the cooling off and run the subs , no issue. When I turn on the cooler, the mouse progressively has issues to the point where it's non responsive. It's like the cooling system is somehow shorting out the mouse

Does it with Nebulosity (Mac, PC's) and SGP (both PC's)

Edited by ehanes7612, 26 June 2019 - 04:00 AM.

#5 freestar8n

freestar8n

Vendor - MetaGuide

• Vendors

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:06 AM

Hi.  This hit me and the solution wasn't obvious - but it works.

It isn't the camera per se but a conflict of USB3 and a wireless mouse - assuming you have a wireless mouse with a dongle into a usb port.

If you put the dongle into a usb port on the other side of the laptop from where the asi1600 plugs in, that may fix it.

Or, you can put the dongle in the end of a short usb cable so that the dongle itself is farther from the laptop and where the asi1600 plugs in.

If you aren't using a wireless mouse then I'm not sure what is going on.  Otherwise I would look for radio interference as the cause.  The solution worked fine for me and I reported it here some years ago when it hit me with a brand new laptop.

Frank

#6 kisstek

kisstek

Ranger 4

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:30 AM

Well, it has something to do with the cooling. When I leave the cooling off and run the subs , no issue. When I turn on the cooler, the mouse progressively has issues to the point where it's non responsive. It's like the cooling system is somehow shorting out the mouse

Does it with Nebulosity (Mac, PC's) and SGP (both PC's)

Is the AC/DC power supply for the ASI1600 in spec?

#7 ehanes7612

ehanes7612

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 June 2019 - 11:57 AM

Hi.  This hit me and the solution wasn't obvious - but it works.

It isn't the camera per se but a conflict of USB3 and a wireless mouse - assuming you have a wireless mouse with a dongle into a usb port.

If you put the dongle into a usb port on the other side of the laptop from where the asi1600 plugs in, that may fix it.

Or, you can put the dongle in the end of a short usb cable so that the dongle itself is farther from the laptop and where the asi1600 plugs in.

If you aren't using a wireless mouse then I'm not sure what is going on.  Otherwise I would look for radio interference as the cause.  The solution worked fine for me and I reported it here some years ago when it hit me with a brand new laptop.

Frank

it's a track pad mouse on the computer

#8 ehanes7612

ehanes7612

Ranger 4

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 June 2019 - 12:18 PM

Is the AC/DC power supply for the ASI1600 in spec?

They are all the same as the stock ac/dc power supply you get with the original package, I always buy two extra with a camera. But I found a fourth one I had from a previous ZWO ASI 183 that I forgot I had. Tried it out last night , imaging darks all night and did not have any issues. SOOO...I guess all three of those other power supplies could be defunct..seems rather improbable since I only had them since december...but it's working for now

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics