•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter 25/06/19 Good seeing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vega700

Vega700

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:23 AM

Was very good seeing before clouds came over and heavy rain, managed to gather just 12 mins of data. To the left is the Red channel, revealing plenty of details.

Attached Thumbnails

• cloudy1.jpg
  • cloudy2.jpg

• Carol L, troyt, R Botero and 10 others like this

#2 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:36 AM

Hi Luke - I'd be interested to hear what sharpening &/or smoothing or denoising software you're using..? confused1.gif

#3 Vega700

Vega700

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:50 AM

Hi Luke - I'd be interested to hear what sharpening &/or smoothing or denoising software you're using..? confused1.gif

Hallo Darryl, I use initially Registax then after Winjupos the Unsharp mask in Photoshop, I actually had two versions the other looked too "soft" so for this I sharpen each combined RGB from Winjupos prior to combining into final one. Does it look too strong? undecided.gif  Actually I was going to ask a question on your last post which obviously must be quite a string of RGBs to get the smooth detailed image. How many RGBs were used? Also when did you take breaks to focus etc? Every 4 or 5? Cheers Luke.

#4 Vega700

Vega700

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:18 AM

Hallo Darryl, here is just 9 min subtle use of Registax and Unsharp mask.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2019-06-25-1416_8-Lightone-RGB.jpg

• Peregrinatum likes this

#5 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:59 PM

Hi Luke - I was too tired after all the imaging this last week & posting stuff yesterday to respond earlier...I'd still be interested to find out the wavelets settings & type you actually applied in Reggie6..?

For mono imaging we check focus after every capture set. (red & green are to all intents & purposes parfocal, so it is the r & b that need checking)

The same for colour captures. This is very important in our view & especially after the first capture set for some reason - inevitable...possibly something to do with getting my eyes acclimatised but regardless of how good the seeing is, constant focus checking is imperative! ;)

Actually only 4 or 5 sets of captures in the Natimuk series for WJ integrations...

Those intruding white lines depicting the canvass boundaries can easily be removed by eye-dropping the background & painting them out with a brush...we do this before adjusting the black-point of the background - just an aesthetic consideration but I still think it worthwhile to do. ;)

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics