•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

iOptron SkyGuider Pro Polar Alignment and Scope

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 StargazerMax94

StargazerMax94

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Salt Lake City, Utah

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

Hi guys, 

Just got myself a SkyGuider Pro from iOptron. Got it out of the box and played around with it in the house for a bit to get familiar with it before doing some star shots. One thing I noticed was the polar scope was off, meaning it wobbled when turning it a full circle. So I followed iOptrons instructions on their site for getting it in alignment and got it close but it seems every time I rotate the polar scope back and forth, the adjustment changes a bit, even without touching or adjusting anything. I checked the reticle, ocular and everything is all tight and not moving. Emailed support and they said that the wobble is normal and that it should be fine for polar alignment. Is this the case with your SkyGuider Pro? Have you found issues with yours? Is there a trick to perfect polar alignment with the SkyGuider Pro? 

Thanks and clear skies!

#2 cloudywest

cloudywest

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:40 AM

I also experienced the same, image in the polar scope wobbles a little when rotating. I figured the objective lens might not be perfectly parallel to the eyepiece. What you need to do is adjusting the polar scope axis to overlap the rotating axis. Put the target on the cross hair, they should stay together when rotating.

#3 rml63

rml63

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Prince Edward County, Ontario

Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:49 AM

Will someone please market a right angle finder.  I have made the diy one and there is french fellow making one, but he is not responding to email or orders.

Mike

#4 cloudywest

cloudywest

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:57 AM

iPolar is the way to go.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics