•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Starsense cables

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dtkenney

dtkenney

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 26 June 2019 - 04:19 PM

I am using starsense with a wfi modules, a GPS unit and an rs232 spliter. I also have an external poere supply. I have cordwrap set to on but a still have problems with the cordes getting tangled during alignment. Does anyone have advice on how to prevent cables from getting hung up.

#2 Hook

Hook

Explorer 1

• -----
  • Loc: Ireland

Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:20 AM

Any chance of a pic/s showing your current cable set-up?

#3 nimitz69

nimitz69

Surveyor 1

• Loc: A barrier island 18 miles south of Cocoa Beach

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:26 AM

There are a million ways to. Solve this but we need some pics to.  See.  What your setup looks like to make the best suggestions ...

#4 wrvond

wrvond

Surveyor 1

• Loc: West Virginia

Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:20 PM

Just a guess, but I'm thinking you have an alt-az mount. There's a couple things you can do:

1. reduce the number of cords plugging in to the mount. For example, I have my hand control plugged in to the GPS and the GPS and WiFi plugged in to the splitter. Mount the splitter below the part of the mount that moves and get a six foot curly 6P6C extension cable to plug the splitter into the mount.

2. replace the short cables and the StarSense flat cable with longer curly cables. Using velcro you can fasten the cables to the mount and you can fasten them to the OTA, with a long "loop" in between where the mount rotates.

Hope this helps.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics