•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Is this a good time to buy fsq106Edx4

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dingxinyang

dingxinyang

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 June 2019 - 06:51 AM

Hello guys , Finally I pull the trigger to buy the fsq106EDX4 from a HK dealer , the deposit has been transmitted to him , Ali have to do now is waiting

It was very happy at first .....until I have found several threads posted 2 or 3 years ago complaining about the collimation of fsq106 https://www.cloudyni...06-frustration/
It’s definitely not an issue from focuser
Which makes me panic
I wonder if it usually happens nowadays? How is the collimation of fsq106 now?
Any one who have purchased fsq106 this year or last years are welcome to share your opinion

Edited by dingxinyang, 27 June 2019 - 07:02 AM.

#2 motab

motab

Explorer 1

• -----

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:29 AM

You can have them test the collimation before shipping to you. I was concerned about the same issue and asked three different dealers and they all gave similar responses: once in a while, someone is unlucky and receives a unit with poor collimation. Typically, it's because the box has been poorly handled in shipping. Since the Tak is quite an expensive scope, owners are also very vocal about any real or perceived issues and will quickly jump on forums and complain. For what it's worth, I took the plunge and have received assurances from my dealer that my unit is in perfect collimation and will arrive in about a week or so. It could equally be banged about in shipping to me and be received out of collimation but that could happen with any OTA. Good luck with yours!

• PirateMike likes this

#3 dingxinyang

dingxinyang

Explorer 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:47 AM

You can have them test the collimation before shipping to you. I was concerned about the same issue and asked three different dealers and they all gave similar responses: once in a while, someone is unlucky and receives a unit with poor collimation. Typically, it's because the box has been poorly handled in shipping. Since the Tak is quite an expensive scope, owners are also very vocal about any real or perceived issues and will quickly jump on forums and complain. For what it's worth, I took the plunge and have received assurances from my dealer that my unit is in perfect collimation and will arrive in about a week or so. It could equally be banged about in shipping to me and be received out of collimation but that could happen with any OTA. Good luck with yours!

Thx , I will let my dealer to triple wrap my106
  • PirateMike likes this

#4 CharlesW

CharlesW

Long time member

• ***--
  • Loc: Chula Vista, CA

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:30 AM

Tak scopes already come packaged three boxes deep.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics