•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Another binocular review site

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 sftonkin

sftonkin

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:02 AM

Looking for something else, I stumbled across Holger Merlitz's site: http://de.geocities....litz/index.html (Holger has posted here before, and others have linked to a couple of his reviews but, TTBOMK, the whole of his excellent work has not been brought to our attention.)

Some very interesting binocular reviews plus a valuable piece on how to recognise fake Zeiss Jenoptems.

#2 KennyJ

KennyJ

The British Flash

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:26 AM

Stephen,

I alerted members to Holger's fine review work when he first stepped on board here.

I left the choice of pasting an actual link to Holger himself, which with typical modesty , he declined to offer .

You're right , Holger seems to include little details that others might not think about , which make his reviews all the more interesting IMHO.

Regards , Kenny.

#3 Tom L

Tom L

ISS

Posted 15 April 2004 - 11:37 PM

TTBOMK??? That's a new one for me Stephen...what's it mean?

#4 sftonkin

sftonkin

Messenger

• topic starter

Posted 16 April 2004 - 12:35 AM

To The Best Of My Knowledge -- sorry, I started playing on Usenet newsgroups when 2400 was considered to be a state-of-the-art modem, and still use a lot of this stuff automagically. If you ever get stuck for translation, go to http://www.astro.umd...all/abbrev.html

#5 Tom L

Tom L

ISS

Posted 16 April 2004 - 01:01 PM

Oh, right! :foreheadslap: Thanks for the link also.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics