•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New Takahashi FC-100 DZ F/8 !

• Please log in to reply
181 replies to this topic

#176 Edrow10

Edrow10

Ranger 4

• Loc: Idaho

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

Looking forward to your assessment Dr. D.

• Daniel Mounsey likes this

#177 25585

Fly Me to the Moon

• Loc: In a valley, in the UK.

Posted 13 February 2020 - 04:52 PM

Daniel, so sorry you lost your father. :(

Looking forward to your review of the DZ. 

#178 m9x18

m9x18

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Abilene, Texas USA

Posted 13 February 2020 - 05:30 PM

Daniel, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my father quite a few years ago and I know it must be a difficult time for you. I wish you and your family all the best and pray you will remain strong and continue to live life to its fullest. Although I look forward to every word you write, the DZ review can wait until you're ready.            

• Daniel Mounsey, RogerLaureys, Kunama and 1 other like this

#179 StarDust1

StarDust1

Viking 1

Posted 13 February 2020 - 07:18 PM

Good to hear from you, Daniel!

#180 Bill Barlow

Bill Barlow

Skylab

• Loc: Overland Park KS

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:27 PM

Sorry you lost your father, Daniel.  My dad passed away 10 years ago and I still think of him frequently.  Looking forward to your review of the 100 DZ.

Bill

#181 Steve Allison

Steve Allison

Apollo

• Loc: Olympia, Wash. 98502

Posted 13 February 2020 - 08:48 PM

I am so sorry about your loss, Daniel. Many of us have been there and have learned the passage of time will make things easier. I hope you can take comfort in knowing your many internet friends on this site are thinking about you and wishing you well.

Sincerely,

Steve

• 25585 likes this

#182 Tyson M

Tyson M

Skylab

• Loc: Alberta, Canada

Posted 14 February 2020 - 12:38 AM

Okay, trying to get back on track here after a challenging past several weeks losing my father. I finally built up enough strength to take Tak's all new FC100DZ over to Derek Wong's this last Saturday late evening for some basic preliminary observations. We set the scope up and just let it sit with the focuser tube open for about two hours prior to observation. We used a Tak 2" diagonal and I also brought over Televue's new Apollo 11 eyepiece to use with with the DZ. Seeing peaked to about 7 out of 10 in my estimation so it was good enough to form some opinions. Derek used a 5mm T6 Nagler as well. I should say that this is one of the most unexpected observations for reasons you are about to see. I'll post some notes today for those of you interested. 

Sorry about the loss of your father.

Looking forward to your comparisons.  I had a TSA102S which I regret letting go as it was sublime and optically perfect. But it was a big, bulky 100mm scope.  Almost similar to an NP127, just not quite in weight.

I had it out on an EQ6 mostly which is why I let it go...I probably should have bought a new mount.

I think it barely suffices on an M2 and it may need a heavier CGEM tripod if so, where a DF or DC could go on an M2 with a CG4 1.75" tripod.

Anyways the DZ looks like it rides well on the M2 and gitzo, which is simlar to my CG4 1.75" tripod.  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics