I've narrowed down my list to either:
1. Skywatcher evostar 72ED
2. Svbony/aquila/yuzhong 90mm f5.5 achro refractor
My reasoning is as follows:
1. Light and compact as grab and go
2. 70mm is the minimum and the 90mm is the max for the aperture. I'd have a scope that bigger than 90mm as a stationary scope.
3. 500AUD budget. the 500USD scopes such as Televue pronto, WO Zenithstar, Vixen, TS optics or Explore scientifics fall beyond my budget, especially after the new 10% import tax.
4. better build than usual achromats
5. double crayford focuser as standard feature
I'm using it as a starter setup for photography and visual. CA wise I'm not that bothered since I'm not using it for high power, but as a wide field sweeper-as it's also possible to remove fringing with post processing. I'm aware that 90mm is achro, but seems it has good reviews for it's price with less CA. I have 80mm short tube, so I hope the optics of the 72ED can compensate the aperture loss. As I'm starting I don't want to spend thousands for triplet or a large ED.
Which one would be the better option?