•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

WO GT102 first refractor

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sheepofblue

sheepofblue

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:45 AM

I got a 20 year gift at work and a 2019 GT102 is on the way.  If things ever settle and clear here (hurricane likely to mess things up for a while) I will get out.

The plan is to swap it and the Celestron 8HD back and forth on the AVX mount until I can get a better mount.  In the meantime I am considering a second Star Sense (LOVE that thing) and think I can mount it on the grab handle.  But on guiding..... It looks to tight to put an OAG in.  Anyone have experience on that? 

Oh and I am very much a newby so still learning tools one by one (currently trying to get guiding going for the 8HD)

• eros312 and alstarjoey like this

#2 Nippon

Nippon

Vanguard

• Loc: Central Florida

Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:33 PM

Glad to here of your scope good luck and sorry to hear about your hurricane threat. I'm guessing you live on the northern Gulf coast?

#3 sheepofblue

sheepofblue

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:46 PM

Glad to here of your scope good luck and sorry to hear about your hurricane threat. I'm guessing you live on the northern Gulf coast?

North Alabama so compared to some we have no worries.  They are saying a chance of some flooding but I doubt that and I am high enough that it won't matter.  Lack of clear skies though... (an easy problem in life)  Hoping to have the new tube in hand next week (not sure though as it is shipped to them not me)

#4 Wire

Wire

Mariner 2

• Loc: Dundalk, MD

Posted 13 July 2019 - 09:50 PM

Well you got a new scope, of course it's gonna rain. That's how it works. 

• sheepofblue likes this

#5 sheepofblue

sheepofblue

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted Yesterday, 09:40 AM

Pictures of the unboxing.  Still got stuff to figure out.  

1) I found manual is zero (can get a previous edition)  Not critical

2) The front ring bottoms and can rotate a little but I think now that is on purpose.  Learning curve.

3) The set screw for the dew cover is included but I think I will be looking for a thumb screw to replace it.

4) I do think that I can move the handle to one side and mount a StarSense next to the guide tube

5) the rings need to be removed in order to put it back in the case... need to figure out alignment requirements.

No skies and lack of time but with my anniversary bonus I have about 600 in it including the side scope and camera so it was a golden opportunity :-)

Attached Thumbnails

• 3W6A1383.jpg
  • 3W6A1384.jpg
  • 3W6A1386.jpg

• rustynpp likes this

#6 REC

REC

Voyager 1

• Loc: NC

Posted Yesterday, 01:39 PM

Pictures of the unboxing.  Still got stuff to figure out.  

1) I found manual is zero (can get a previous edition)  Not critical

2) The front ring bottoms and can rotate a little but I think now that is on purpose.  Learning curve.

3) The set screw for the dew cover is included but I think I will be looking for a thumb screw to replace it.

4) I do think that I can move the handle to one side and mount a StarSense next to the guide tube

5) the rings need to be removed in order to put it back in the case... need to figure out alignment requirements.

No skies and lack of time but with my anniversary bonus I have about 600 in it including the side scope and camera so it was a golden opportunity :-)

Very nice looking scope and case!

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics