•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

SGP File Name Outputs with Manual Filter Changes

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 barrettlboehm

barrettlboehm

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:16 PM

Hi all,

I use SGP for capture and Pixinsight for processing.  My current set-up requires manual filter changes.  My file outputs include a Suffix reference, which I use to code the filters: R, G, B, etc...  When I import the files into pixinsight for stacking, the files are not recognized by their respective filter.  When I activate a filter in the sequence, I get an error to connect a filter wheel.  So I leve the filter drop-down blank and rely on the Suffix box to code the files by filter.

Does anyone know a way to get the .fits files to output with the correct filter coding such that Pixinsight will recognize the files by the correct filter.

My current solution is to load the files in using the custom tool on BatchPreprocessing and manual note the filter associated with files.

Thank you!

#2 sink45ny

sink45ny

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Pennsyltucky

Posted 12 July 2019 - 09:20 PM

Would a FITS file editor help?

"Fv is an easy-to-use graphical program for viewing and editing any FITS format image or table."

http://adsabs.harvar...ascl.soft05005P

#3 barrettlboehm

barrettlboehm

Lift Off

• topic starter

Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:58 PM

I just solved the problem.  In SGP, it looks like you have to set the filter wheel settings to "Manual Filter Wheel". From there, you can drop down each filter selection in the sequence.  That should then put the filter name in each file title and Pixinsight should be able to recognize it.

This also prompts me to change the filters between sequences.  Problem solved!

• pfile, sink45ny and hoxca like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics