•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First Light Jupiter, Saturn 3/5 Seeing Low Altitude

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sfugardi

sfugardi

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: MA

Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:06 AM

After moving from CT to MA, I finally completed my new observatory with my refurbished dome. I've got a better southern view, but lost some altitude moving north. I don't remember trying to image anything this low in the sky. I suspect I polar aligned to an incorrect star since I was constantly tweaking the controller to keep the targets in the ROI. Light pollution here is bad not to mention a street light nearby! But it was nice to finally use my scope again, although I should have at least checked collimation after the move. 100fps each, 3min for Jupiter, 2x6K stacked, 5min for Saturn 3x6K. Hope you like them.

Regards,

Steve

Attached Thumbnails

• 2019-07-14-0217_3 6min_web.jpg
  • 2019-07-13-2310_6 15min_web.jpg

• Kenny V., eros312, Kokatha man and 4 others like this

#2 RedLionNJ

RedLionNJ

Gemini

• Loc: Red Lion, NJ, USA

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:53 AM

Good to see you back!  And well - yes, north would be a poor choice of direction to move for Jove and Saturn these days :(

Grant

#3 sfugardi

sfugardi

Soyuz

• topic starter
  • Loc: MA

Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:02 AM

Grant, thanks! I must have aligned off the big dipper, last night by accident since the dec is reading 72 deg? I decided to go with an extra Telrad and it immediately fell off on the first flip, so I need to figure out how the screw these in place. I went with a full step out the back to avoid any scenario of falling off the deck. Hopefully, I can figure things out next time.

Regards,

Steve

Attached Thumbnails

• Dome Step.JPG

• Kokatha man and RedLionNJ like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics