•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Astromania Field Flattener For FF Digital

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 skyler

skyler

Surveyor 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: TGPNW

Posted 14 July 2019 - 09:00 AM

Been searching for info on the Astromania Field Flattener that I would be using with a Sony A7S and a Stellarvue SV80ST. I do know there might be some vignetting in this combo but not a real concern. Not interested in using a reducer/flatterner at this time and I also have an Astrotech flattener that I will test as well when the scope arrives. Heard good things with the Hotech flattener and even the SFF 3-80. BUT, I am wanting to compare it to the Astromania since the company detail notes that it generates pinpoint stars out to the edge of the frame.  A pretty bold statement but if it applies to my application, I would add it to my buy list. It is on Amazon so I can test it and send it back if it is not up to snuff. I am looking for feedback from anyone who has actually used the Astromania flattener.

Thanks !

Skyler

Edited by skyler, 14 July 2019 - 09:02 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics