•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Help Installing Sesto Senso Motor Focus on Esprit 100

accessories astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Marcelofig

Marcelofig

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:01 PM

Finally my Esprit 100 arrived grin.gif , I still haven't been able to test it because the weather doesn't cooperate.

What I want to do in the meantime is to install a focus motor. I already have the Sesto Senso, so I intend to use it. This is installed on the fine adjustment knobs.

To do this you have to remove both the large and the small knob. In the case of the small knob it is easy, because the hole is in plain sight (2), but in the case of the large knob, where is the hole in which the fastening screw goes? Is it the one marked as No. 1 in the photo or is it located under the rubber grip (No. 3)?

I don't want to break something, so I prefer to ask first.

Thank you,

Esprit Focuser3

Edited by Marcelofig, 15 July 2019 - 11:03 PM.

#2 cfosterstars

cfosterstars

Vanguard

• Loc: Austin, Texas

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:06 PM

My guess is that the course focus has a rubber roughened cover over the metal. If so you have to remove the rubber ring and the set screw is under this rubber piece.

#3 premk19

premk19

Viking 1

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:27 PM

The coarse knob is attached to the shaft using two set screws, which are not plainly visible.
You have to remove '1' and access the two set screws through the hole.

#4 Marcelofig

Marcelofig

Messenger

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:13 PM

Thanks.

and a update:

Customer support of SW (very fast response, btw) confirm that the access hole to the fastening screws is located under the rubber grip.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accessories, astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics