•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron Neximage 10 Problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cammeron59

cammeron59

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 July 2019 - 12:01 AM

Forgive me if this is in the wrong forum*

I have a Celestron Nexstar 130 SLT and I recently got the Celestron Neximage 10 CMOS camera. Everything was running smoothly as I was recording videos of Jupiter & Saturn, I decided to get a few frames of Neptune & Uranus and this is when I ran into the problem. Through my telescope, Uranus & Neptune look like blue and green stars; I didn't think I would have any trouble getting a video of them because they were bright enough for me to easily see. However, I spent 20 minutes trying to get it in the field of view of my camera but I wasn't seeing anything. I knew they must have been in the field of view because I removed the camera and looked through my 6mm lens + x3 barlow  and Uranus was centered. I made sure it was in focus with the camera because I had just recorded a video of Saturn, I messed with the FPS and stuff but never saw anything. Also, I looked at Ceres tonight and had the same issue. Are Uranus, Neptune, & Ceres too faint for the camera to pick up or am I not doing something right?

Also, I have no problem with my Iphone picking up the two planets.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics