•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

EOS R Mirrorless using APT and issues with mounting etc?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Geneszy

Geneszy

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:48 AM

I am looking to get the EOS r and want to know if anyone has tried this and attached it to a scope with a Canon T-ring? I plan to get the EOS  R adapter ring so I can use the non EF lenses so I thing I could mount this like I would with my T3i. Also looks like the EOS R is compatible with APT. Anyone see any pitfalls?

Thanks,

Gene

• mtb856 likes this

#2 mtb856

mtb856

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 16 July 2019 - 09:21 PM

I have the EOS R, and can confirm that the T adapter works if you use the EF-RF adapter.

I haven’t tried APT yet, I was testing planetary using the 4K crop mode video (All-I). Here’s Saturn with an ED127 F7.5 and 3X focal extender. Best 20% of 6k frames, stacked with wavelets in Registax. Some post-processing in Photoshop.

8d6aa203fb67b7ffbb98d783eedd7312.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • nofxrx, Starman27 and SandyHouTex like this

#3 JayAstro

JayAstro

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:41 AM

I have the EOS R, and can confirm that the T adapter works if you use the EF-RF adapter.

I haven’t tried APT yet, I was testing planetary using the 4K crop mode video (All-I). Here’s Saturn with an ED127 F7.5 and 3X focal extender. Best 20% of 6k frames, stacked with wavelets in Registax. Some post-processing in Photoshop.

8d6aa203fb67b7ffbb98d783eedd7312.jpg

Could you share the settings you used with the EOS R in ALL-I mode? Do you use standard recording or time-lapse movie? Did you use high-frame rate?

Cheers, 

Jay

#4 mtb856

mtb856

Lift Off

• -----

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:51 AM

Could you share the settings you used with the EOS R in ALL-I mode? Do you use standard recording or time-lapse movie? Did you use high-frame rate?

Cheers,

Jay

Sure! It was the 4k ALL-I 29.xx FPS (whatever the fastest is). I did not turn on timelapse or the high frame rate settings. Also make sure to disable audio to reduce the file size.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics