•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Firecap Settings for One Shot Color Camera

astrophotography beginner cassegrain Celestron imaging planet SCT
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sandconp

sandconp

Mariner 2

• topic starter
  • Loc: Minnesota USA

Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:39 PM

What camera settings should I be using with Firecap with my ZWO ASI 178MC One Shot Color Camera (ie 8 bit vs 16 bit etc)? I used Sharpcap and I had great results with color on Jupiter and Saturn. But for some reason when I use Firecap with the same camera, the image isn’t as clear and the colors aren’t that great when processing the video in Autostakkert.

There is an DeBayer option in Firecap and sometimes I can enable it and other times I cannot check it as an option. Should I even be using the DeBayer option with a one shot color camera?

#2 WarmWeatherGuy

WarmWeatherGuy

Soyuz

• Loc: Las Cruces, NM 32° N, 107° W

Posted 16 July 2019 - 03:48 PM

For planetary imaging you should not DeBayer while capturing. Let AutoStakkert do it.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, beginner, cassegrain, Celestron, imaging, planet, SCT

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics