•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First attempt at Winjupos Derotation

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#26 Tulloch

Tulloch

Messenger

• -----
  • Loc: Melbourne, Australia

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:27 PM

Andrew, in your circumstances that's entirely reasonable. wink.gif

Much of my commentary is predicated upon the use of a dedicated planetary camera...& principally with an EQ mount.

There are a couple of folks whom I haven't seen here for a while who capture excellent planetary images with a simple "push-to" dobsonian mount...I should have left out the "in any circumstances" tbh but for larger EQ mounted scopes & dedicated cameras I think my somewhat "throwaway" comments are relevant - but I'm happy to admit there are said provisos to it! flowerred.gif

ps: even though the EQ8 is a relatively heavy EQ mount, since I made the pier for it it would have to rank as extremely easy to set up...I'd suggest no more difficult that an Alt/Az tbh...but I'm not trying to sell you anything you don't need..! lol.gif

No worries, I realise I'm on the fringe of the mainstream methods, but it's sometimes good to do things a bit differently. That, I'm too cheap to buy a heap of new stuff just now lol.gif.

• BQ Octantis likes this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics