•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

(Help!) Celestron .7x reducer*(edge11'') + OAG + DSLR. Possible? THANKS!

astrophotography Celestron dslr imaging equipment SCT
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 marco_liu

marco_liu

Sputnik

• topic starter
  • Loc: Chicago, IL

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:27 PM

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I plan to use Celestron's .7x focal reducer on my EdgeHD 1100 with OAG and DSLR. Two questions: 

1. Is this setup possible? Any potential issues?

2. Does Celestron .7x reducer (Edge11) has a 2'' filter thread? If not, what's my best option to add the LPS filter?

Thank you in advance!

Marco

#2 Tom K

Tom K

Viking 1

• Loc: Escondido, CA

Posted 17 July 2019 - 08:02 PM

I don't know what the backfocus requirement for that FR is, but I am sure it is published somewhere.   Your DSLR should have a published backfocus distance, so you just add up that distance, the size of your OAG and whatever is left over you fill in with spacers.   Getting the OAG placed in the system so that the focal point will hit your guide camera sensor can be a fun exercise.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography, Celestron, dslr, imaging, equipment, SCT

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics