•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

QHY CFW2 FW not well aligned

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 justusliebig

justusliebig

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 July 2019 - 01:33 AM

My FW is kinda reaching in my optical train

https://www.dropbox....__-20C.jpg?dl=0

I did reassemble the whole thing already and it is non-obvious to me how to perfectly center the wheel. Did someone experience filters reaching to far in the pathway? How can I center my wheel? I know its a bit late but now after 20h of imaging IC1318 i feel I really should fix that instead of just cropping.

#2 H-Alfa

H-Alfa

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: Spain

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:13 AM

I think you should provide more information. It will help other folks to figure what is happening. Can you share an image of your optical train? How big is your sensor? As far as I remember, the CFW has more that 48mm diameter. Seems big enough... Maybe it's due to the filters holder.

Enviado desde mi MI 5X mediante Tapatalk
  • justusliebig likes this

#3 spokeshave

spokeshave

Surveyor 1

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:31 AM

You can fine-tune the centering. Take the cover off of the FW and you'll see the optical sensor on a triangular circuit board attached with two screws. Those screws can be loosened and the optical sensor adjust left-right a small amount. That adjustment will determine the landing position of the filter. 

Tim

• justusliebig likes this

#4 justusliebig

justusliebig

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 July 2019 - 11:45 AM

Thanks to both. Last time I checked the FW actually looked centered, but Ill be on the lookout for those screws. Generally not horrible satisfied with the build quality of this QHY. How come even those FW are so darn expensive?

Edited by justusliebig, 18 July 2019 - 11:45 AM.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics