•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Jupiter with Europa close up GRS 19/07/11 fine seeing continues

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Vega700

Vega700

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 July 2019 - 02:49 AM

As stated fine seeing has continued down here with very light winds and clear skies. Here Europa was carefully stacked in Photoshop (very tedious) but has to be done. A lot of activity it seems around the GRS.

Attached Thumbnails

• Jupiter Europa.jpg
  • GRS.jpg

• Sunspot, PrestonE, Jeffrey C. and 17 others like this

#2 Foc

Foc

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: South Canberra

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:08 AM

Nice job on Europa!  Maybe its because it is sunny side up, but the face of your Jupiter looks a bit startling.

Interesting display of colors around the GRS.  BQ has made us all pay attention to recent odd colors on Jupiter and with you, him D Mach and others putting up some fascinating images its an exciting time to watch.

#3 Vega700

Vega700

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:47 AM

Nice job on Europa!  Maybe its because it is sunny side up, but the face of your Jupiter looks a bit startling.

Interesting display of colors around the GRS.  BQ has made us all pay attention to recent odd colors on Jupiter and with you, him D Mach and others putting up some fascinating images its an exciting time to watch.

Hi yes Jupiter looks a bit startled, this is very large image scale, when reduced for CN becomes extra sharp. Here is the other way up, looks like the flake is been pushed upwards.

Attached Thumbnails

• Jupiter Europa2.jpg

• PrestonE, kbev, wargrafix and 3 others like this

#4 BQ Octantis

BQ Octantis

Apollo

• Loc: Outback NT, Australia

Posted 19 July 2019 - 12:17 AM

Good Lord, Luke…I daresay yours are becoming the reference images for July!

Any chance you captured this shot in RGB? I'm trying to pinpoint exactly when that blue streak appeared. Paul Maxson's RGB shot from one rotation before gives a hint of it…

BQ

#5 HentySky

HentySky

Mariner 2

• -----

Posted 19 July 2019 - 09:29 PM

Luke, really nice detail around the GRS.  I have been struggling with cloud here, glad you are getting some clear skies.  Cheers Brett

#6 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 19 July 2019 - 10:24 PM

No doubt there are some nice details there Luke waytogo.gif but I struggle to accept iR-rgb images per se. Good seeing should elicit good rgb ("natural colour") images without resort to ir etc...I'd encourage you to post the rgb's also if they are worthwhile...it's too easy to get the "rookies" to "ooh" & "aah" at false colour images! lol.gif

"Struggle" is perhaps another euphemism for "startled" but of course it is entirely your choice what you do with any images! smile.gif

Hopefully you don't take offence & I accept this is my own point of view. wink.gif

#7 Vega700

Vega700

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:58 AM

No doubt there are some nice details there Luke waytogo.gif but I struggle to accept iR-rgb images per se. Good seeing should elicit good rgb ("natural colour") images without resort to ir etc...I'd encourage you to post the rgb's also if they are worthwhile...it's too easy to get the "rookies" to "ooh" & "aah" at false colour images! lol.gif

"Struggle" is perhaps another euphemism for "startled" but of course it is entirely your choice what you do with any images! smile.gif

Hopefully you don't take offence & I accept this is my own point of view. wink.gif

Hi Darryl I always value your comments, it would take a lot to offend me cool.gif . At the moment in the "IR mood" but soon will go back to normal. I used IR G B rather than IR R G B which can make it bit heavier..

#8 Kokatha man

Kokatha man

Voyager 1

• Loc: "cooker-ta man" downunda...

Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:47 AM

Never my intention to offend you Luke! :)

Remember, if the seeing really is "good" then there's no need to replace r with iR...actually, you are doing yourself a dis-service in such situations because the resolution in r is better, regardless of colouration!

#9 wargrafix

wargrafix

Skylab

• -----
  • Loc: Trinidad

Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:41 AM

That is impressive! The color is deliciously good

#10 Alnitak2009

Alnitak2009

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: New York

Posted 20 July 2019 - 05:49 PM

Wow! One of the best images I have seen. A lot of color and contrast.

Great Job!

Don

#11 Vega700

Vega700

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 21 July 2019 - 01:15 AM

That is impressive! The color is deliciously good

Thanks, yes I personally like the rich colours of Jupiter waytogo.gif

Wow! One of the best images I have seen. A lot of color and contrast.

Great Job!

Don

Thanks Don, there many very good images in this forum.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics