•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

NGC 6888

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Durden

Durden

Explorer 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Ontario Canada

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:11 PM

Hey all,

Looking for C&C on my first narrowband image. I'll preface this by saying there were a lot of changes to my setup in both hardware and software - dslr to mono, oag instead of guidescope, using sgp for plate solving and finally processing in pixinsight instead of photoshop.

My plate solving wasn't dialed in perfectly so the framing could have been better. No dithering as well and I did over expose by a fair amount so it's a little washed out and noisy. Also ringing around some stars, I could try and attack this at the integration stage I believe but I'm happy enough with my result smile.gif

About an hour each of Ha and Oiii, blended in HOO style. 600s frames at 300iso with an asi1600 and ed127(666mm with reducer). As I said, I way overshot!

Link to astrobin file: https://www.astrobin.../full/415971/0/

Thanks! CS!

Brian

Attached Thumbnails

• final.jpg

• psandelle, mikewayne3, elmiko and 6 others like this

#2 psandelle

psandelle

Mercury-Atlas

• Loc: Los Angeles

Posted 18 July 2019 - 03:17 PM

That's a LOT of new stuff to integrate, but you did a really nice job!

Paul

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics