•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Equipement for ES ED102 FCD100

astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 astrobenny

astrobenny

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:06 PM

Hello CN,

I am currently investing in my first real astrophotography rig. I recently bought the Explore Scientific ED102 FCD100 Aluminium telescope and the ZWO ASI1600MM-Pro (plus filter wheel and filters), my mount is an iOptron CEM60. Now i would like to replace the dovetail bar and the tube rigs of the telescope, but i am not sure  which tube rings i should buy. Does anyone know if the Stellarvue CNC rings (105mm) or the Moonlite rings for the TAK FSQ106 fit this telescope? Or does anyone have other recommendations?

In addition to the rings i am looking for a field flattener, maybe including a 0.8 reducer. I heard of vignetting issues when using a 2" flattener, so i am searching for a 2.5" one. I thought about the Stellarvue Large Photographic Field Flattener for 2.5" Focusers (SFF3-25-48) but i am not sure about the adaption to my moonlite 2.5" focuser.  Is there someone with experience with SV flatteners or someone with another recommendation for a 2.5" flattener (+ eventually 0.8 reducer) for a f/7 102mm triplet refractor?

Thanks for the help!

Benny 

#2 Cliff U.

Cliff U.

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Long Beach, CA

Posted 21 July 2019 - 03:32 PM

I just received the same ES ED102 CF and have the same questions. I will be watching this thread with interest. Hopefully the 60mm guide scope will arrive today and will start putting it all together for the first time. I would be interested how you make the connections with the ASI1600MM, filter wheel etc. I have a ZWO mini filter wheel but the connection point is 1.25. Hopefully you will post a couple photos as you assemble your rig. 

Cliff

#3 astrobenny

astrobenny

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2019 - 04:25 AM

Cool, have fun with this telescope! Did you already choose a Field Flattener? I think i will now go with either the Stellarvue 2" 0.8x reducer/flattener (SFFR102-2) or maybe the TeleVue 2.5" 0.8x reducer/flattener for 600-1000mm Apos. I would prefer the Stellarvue but as mentioned i read about vignetting with 2" flatteners and an ASI1600mm, so a 2.5" FF may be better (but the TeleVue is also twice the money and you can get rid of vignetting with processing and calibration frames). 

My filter wheel is the ZWO EFW (7 position 36mm) that directly connects to the ASI1600, so the filters are only 10mm away from the chip. However i am not sure yet how i will connect to the focuser, that depends on the flattener and the required backfocus.....

I will post pics once the rig is finished!

Benny

#4 Cliff U.

Cliff U.

Sputnik

• -----
  • Loc: Long Beach, CA

Posted 16 October 2019 - 06:41 PM

Hello CN,

I am currently investing in my first real astrophotography rig. I recently bought the Explore Scientific ED102 FCD100 Aluminium telescope and the ZWO ASI1600MM-Pro (plus filter wheel and filters), my mount is an iOptron CEM60. Now i would like to replace the dovetail bar and the tube rigs of the telescope, but i am not sure  which tube rings i should buy. Does anyone know if the Stellarvue CNC rings (105mm) or the Moonlite rings for the TAK FSQ106 fit this telescope? Or does anyone have other recommendations?

In addition to the rings i am looking for a field flattener, maybe including a 0.8 reducer. I heard of vignetting issues when using a 2" flattener, so i am searching for a 2.5" one. I thought about the Stellarvue Large Photographic Field Flattener for 2.5" Focusers (SFF3-25-48) but i am not sure about the adaption to my moonlite 2.5" focuser.  Is there someone with experience with SV flatteners or someone with another recommendation for a 2.5" flattener (+ eventually 0.8 reducer) for a f/7 102mm triplet refractor?

Thanks for the help!

Benny 

Benny,

Have you had time to figure all of the above out? I have not had a chance to make all of the connections yet. If you have chance to post a couple of photos of your rig, I would be interested in some of accessories you decided on. This is my first refractor and first with many of the accessories as well.

Thanks,

Cliff

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics