•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Celestron CPC1100 does not link to satellites, new battery

Celestron equipment mount
  • Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 winglift

winglift

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 12 August 2019 - 02:54 PM

I received the GPS receiver/pcb/harness today and for the first time it linked to the GPS. I R&R the GPS receiver, the small PCB and the harness between and it worked. The GPS receiver was defective and the small PCB was good after plugging that back in. Both work just fine with the receiver, but they appear to be different versions and possibly a different manufacturer, see attached. The original board appears to be newer, but I cannot be sure. It has a blue dot on it which might indicate some modification or update? The question is which board should I use?

I have the telescope inside and although it indicates "GPS linked", it has not updated the time to my current location. I assume that that may take a while or is it normal to manually change the local time?

Attached Thumbnails

• _K1I1602s.jpg

Edited by winglift, 12 August 2019 - 03:17 PM.

#27 Michael_Swanson

Michael_Swanson

Vanguard

Posted 12 August 2019 - 08:47 PM

Hi LeRay,

There is probably no advantage to using the either interface board.  And I couldn't tell you which is newer.

Take a look in Setup Time-Site in the Scope Setup menu.  Sounds like you need to set the time zone and possibly Daylight Saving Time.  This should then produce the correct local time on the hand control.

Best regards,
Mike Swanson
Author of "The NexStar Users Guide II"
Author of "The NexStar Users Guide"
Author of "NexStar Observer List"
https://www.nexstarsite.com

#28 winglift

winglift

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:36 PM

Hi Mike,

I'm all set. After manually setting the time it now will revert to the correct time only after it links to the GPS. I suppose that I was thinking that since it is linked to the GPS that it would know the coordinates and the time. I did a pseudo-alignment while inside on Jupiter just to see how it reacted. With the arm cover still off the GPS led continued to blink, but according to some other links on this forum it should be steady instead of blinking.

I inquired about the different pcbs at Celestron support and sent them the same photo. I will let you know what they say.

You have been a great help

#29 winglift

winglift

Sputnik

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:11 PM

Okay, according to Celestron, the interface boards are the same like you said even though they have different numbers and other markings.

Thanks again.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Celestron, equipment, mount

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics