•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

New RASA 11 configuration : Scale combo review

astrophotography
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Churmey

Churmey

Vostok 1

• topic starter

Posted 21 July 2019 - 11:33 AM

I have re-configured my Rasa 11 for a wider field of view and Narrowband season.  Prior to this reconfiguration, I simply had a ASI183MC-Cool OSC attached and was imaging galaxies at a scale of 0.8 “/px.

My re-configuration is a little more complex, and is going to be somewhat experimental.  I recently had my A7S modified at full spectrum; my new system will look like this:

• RASA 11 / Starizona Filter Slider / Optolong L-Enhance / A7S @ 30s non-bulb exposures
• Back-mounted ASI183MM-Cool / Canon 200mm L @ F3.5 (front reduced aperture)
• Front-undermounted ASI290MC / Rokinon 300mm F6.3 with extending helical focuser

The RASA/A7S and 200mmL / ASI183MM-C  FOV’s are almost identical and so I plan to use the 200MML as supplemental data for straight L or HA as luminance, or SII.   In addition, I'll use it to platesolve/frame via SGP.
I removed the heavy top D bar from the RASA and worked to mount a small V-Bar on the back portion of my RASA.  This is where my 200mmL is mounted. I then front mounted a sliding D saddle underneath and incorporated the guide system to serve as dual purposes : 1) easy way to balance the DEC, and 2) Guide system.
My main imaging scales are:

• RASA/A7S            2.79 “/px
• 200L/ASI183MM         2.48 “/px
• Guide System (300mm Rokinon / ASI290)       1.99 “/PX

There isn’t much of a difference between the weight of the large D bar that I removed and the addition of these two scopes attached. The 300mm Rokinon is the lightest lens I’ve ever seen,  weighing only 0.68 lbs.

That’s what I have so far, I look forward to giving this rig a first light when it clears up.   Comments are welcome, curious what suggestions others might have or think of my guiding / imaging scales.

RASA config

Edited by Churmey, 21 July 2019 - 01:58 PM.

• elmiko, S1mas, SXBB and 1 other like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: astrophotography

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics