•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Waning Gibbous moon - 21 July 2019

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Skylab

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:24 PM

This is the moon in Waning Gibbous phase, was taken yesterday night [21 July 2019], seeing wasn't much good, but i did it after all since last time imaging the planets, not that bad actually.

Now my question is, what do you think about the result before i go further to make it in color? i took it with a mono camera and filters, so i will try to bring the colors if i can, but before that is this one good enough or i have to change something before?

Also as i side question, i captures with LRGB, do i need to add L in the result or RGB are enough? i really don't see much details with L filter itself, and even if i add i really still don't know how to do it, and also with RGB results i did use Photoshop to align the channels, not sure if it is good enough or not.

Attached Thumbnails

• Moon-mono(a).jpg

• Kenny V., jeremiah2229 and Foc like this

#2 petert913

petert913

Gemini

• Loc: Portland, OR

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:33 PM

That's a great shot.  The waning gibbous moon does not get enough respect :)

#3 TareqPhoto

TareqPhoto

Skylab

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Ajman - UAE

Posted 21 July 2019 - 09:40 PM

That's a great shot.  The waning gibbous moon does not get enough respect smile.gif

Honestly speaking, what making me to do it is that i saw images of the moon in this phase or the other phase same but opposite in colors, were amazing and beautiful really, so i wanted to make the same, i felt like it is the best for colors of the moon, more than half moon or full moon which is almost flat.

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics