•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Mounts for Astro Tech AT60ED

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 vidrazor

vidrazor

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:34 AM

Hi folks, I recently picked up an Astro Tech AT60ED as my first scope and noticed the mounts on each side of the scope for spot/guide scope and other peripherals. There's two mounting screws on each side of the scope.

These mount holes are 20mm apart, is this a standard size, or do I need something proprietary to mount something on the scope? Astro Tech has one, but they're out of stock. I've been looking at LED sites and can't find anything to mount them with. Below is a shot of the mount. Thanks for any info on this.

Attached Thumbnails

• mount.jpg

#2 havasman

havasman

Cosmos

• ****-
  • Loc: Dallas, Texas

Posted 22 July 2019 - 02:40 AM

If you're talking about a finder mount then it really only takes one screw if the underside of the fixture is curved to fit against the scope. The other screw is removed and stored. I mounted a bracket on an ST120 a week or so ago like that and it's solid as a rock. You certainly CAN use two screws but it's not req'd.

I used this base. It has 4 holes for flexibility when matched to the 2 holes on the focuser. https://agenaastro.c...-focusers.html 

Good luck with your project.

#3 vidrazor

vidrazor

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2019 - 12:04 PM

If you're talking about a finder mount then it really only takes one screw if the underside of the fixture is curved to fit against the scope. The other screw is removed and stored. I mounted a bracket on an ST120 a week or so ago like that and it's solid as a rock. You certainly CAN use two screws but it's not req'd.

I used this base. It has 4 holes for flexibility when matched to the 2 holes on the focuser. https://agenaastro.c...-focusers.html 

Good luck with your project.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I guess one screw will hold it, I figured using both screws would align it to the scope better. Your link did not work.

#4 Doug Culbertson

Doug Culbertson

Cosmos

• Loc: N. Florida

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:07 PM

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I guess one screw will hold it, I figured using both screws would align it to the scope better. Your link did not work.

This one at Amazon should work. I just bought one for my AT102ED, and your hole spacing looks the same. You can use those same screws. Be aware that if you torque the screws too tightly it will cause the dovetail base to flex inward and your finder base won’t slide in. Took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on there. 

#5 havasman

havasman

Cosmos

• ****-
  • Loc: Dallas, Texas

Posted 22 July 2019 - 01:29 PM

Agena Synta / Vixen Style Dovetail Mounting Base / Shoe for Finders - M4 Screw for GSO Crayford Focuser # CFURB

Our #: OFIN-AG-CFURB            Mfg #: CFURB

That's the page heading for the mounting base at Agena Astro.

#6 vidrazor

vidrazor

Mariner 2

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:56 PM

This one at Amazon should work. I just bought one for my AT102ED, and your hole spacing looks the same. You can use those same screws. Be aware that if you torque the screws too tightly it will cause the dovetail base to flex inward and your finder base won’t slide in. Took me a few minutes to figure out what was going on there. 

That's the Bees Knees I think, thanks! The rounded bottoms are a nice touch too.

I think I'll just put some Locktite blue and give a mild tightening.

Edited by vidrazor, 23 July 2019 - 12:26 AM.

#7 OldManSky

OldManSky

Surveyor 1

• Loc: Valley Center, CA USA

Posted 22 July 2019 - 07:20 PM

That one from Amazon *will* work.  Very well, in fact.  I have proof :)

WOZ61 Guidesceope Mounting

• vidrazor likes this

#8 joseph07081

joseph07081

Ranger 4

• Loc: Chippewa, PA

Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:58 PM

I can also vouch for the one from Amazon. I just purchased one for my new AT102ED and it works fine. 

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics