•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

M13 with D5100 under twilight summer sky

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Colonist

Colonist

Lift Off

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: Norway, Porsgrunn

Posted 22 July 2019 - 03:11 PM

Hello Astrogang!

For me who live high up north (I'm at 60 deg lat.) I get deep sky abstinences during summer when the skies are too brightcrazy.gif

But after prepping the observatory I decided to give it a go and I'm pleasantly surprised to see how much signal I could get!

So this is M13 with 93 mins integration time (31x180s) from 21th July between 00:00 to 01:30 (sunset at 22:00 and sunrise at 04:00). I was sleeping thought and Voyager was doing the supervision of the jobwink.gif

No darks, only flats, 75% crop of full frame (due to gradients). The scope is my 12" OOUK F4 carbon tube newt.

48348779686_9d9e39a394_c.jpg

It'll be interesting to see how it progresses by adding new data from coming nights!

It was also nice to see that the collimation of my newt is still good from last season (last done in November 2018 and the scope and camera has been standing ready in the obsy since then, mostly looked after by bugs...!).

BR,

JP.

• Greyhaven, Starman27, Leonardo70 and 11 others like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics