•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Syncing AstroPlanner between two different Mac computers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pogo007

Pogo007

Vostok 1

• -----
  • topic starter

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:18 AM

I have AstroPlanner version 2.2 installed on an iMac and on a MacBook Pro that are both running macOS High Sierra.  I'd like to be able to sync these so that any data change (resources, plans, etc) made on either computer will be automatically synced with the other computer.   Looking for detailed guidance on how I might accomplish this.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ilovecomets

ilovecomets

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: New England

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:05 AM

You might be able to do this with Google Drive.  But you'll need to make sure you only have one application open at a time, otherwise you could corrupt the database.  Here's what I would recommend:

1.  Create a google.com account

2. Download Backup and Sync on both Macs

3. Make a backup copy of Astroplanner and store in somewhere else on one of the Macs

4. Copy the astroplanner database files to Google Drive

It should sync between both machines.  A big note.  Astroplanner is 32-bit software and will no work on macOS Catalina (comes out this fall).  So unless the developer releases a 64-bit version of the software do not upgrade your Macs or you won't be able to run the software.  I used Astroplanner for about 10 years and loved it.  But it's not really maintained anymore so I've moved on to SkySafari and LiveSky.  It does most of what Astroplanner does, but definitely not as low-cost (buy once vs. subscription).

#3 obrazell

obrazell

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Posted 26 July 2019 - 10:41 AM

The developer already has released 64 bit versions for both Windows and Mac in the beta channel for 2.3

Owen

#4 ilovecomets

ilovecomets

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: New England

Posted 26 July 2019 - 01:03 PM

The developer already has released 64 bit versions for both Windows and Mac in the beta channel for 2.3

Owen

That's great. How does one get into the beta channel?

#5 obrazell

obrazell

Ranger 4

• -----
  • Loc: United Kingdom

Posted 27 July 2019 - 02:20 AM

You can download it from here https://www.astroplanner.net/beta/

Owen

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics