•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

Problems getting Pixinsight software delivered

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffmar

Jeffmar

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: salt lake city, utah

Posted 23 July 2019 - 02:53 AM

On Monday, the 15th, I paid 268 dollars to Pleiades for their Pixinsight software. It was supposed to be delivered within an hour but it has been nearly 8 days. 

I have sent them three emails asking them where the software is but so far they have declined to answer me. I even tried to get my money back through Paypal

but apparently my money now belongs to Pleiades so they can't give me a refund. To say I am not happy with Pleiades is a bit of an understatement. Has anyone

else had problems with them?

#2 ZL4PLM

ZL4PLM

Vendor - ZWO Product Dev Team Member

• Vendors
  • Loc: Darfield, New Zealand

Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:12 AM

I assume you checked yr spam folders - given that Pix is one of the most popular processing software in the astro world its highly unlikely anything untoward happened

Did you register your account and get sign in details ??

• Jim Waters, Jeff Struve and Jeffmar like this

#3 Ishtim

Ishtim

Surveyor 1

• -----
  • Loc: N. Alabama, USA

Posted 23 July 2019 - 06:58 AM

I have never had an issue.  The process may seem daunting when certain updates are released, especially if you have multiple emails associated with the PI team.

Are you saying that you never got a confirmation email with credentials to the software distribution site?

They send it to the email address you provided at time of purchase.  It includes a username and password (that they assign), then it's just a matter of downloading the version for your OS.

• Jim Waters, Jeff Struve and Jeffmar like this

#4 Jeff Struve

Jeff Struve

Skylab

• Moderators
  • Loc: Iowa, USA

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:17 AM

Checking WAY back... I made the purchase on Feb 28, 2015... I double checked on Mar 2nd, 2018 as I had not received the licensing... I emailed them and on the same day they determined that for some reason, I didn't get the email. That same day, they refunded my $$$, I bought it again and they sent me an email with licensing.

For some reason, AOL blocked the first email as they are auto generated upon receipt of payment.

My 2 cents.

• Jeffmar likes this

#5 RazvanUnderStars

RazvanUnderStars

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Toronto, Canada

Posted 23 July 2019 - 07:48 AM

I guess by "software delivered" you meant "license delivered", since the software itself can be downloaded. I saw on their web site the following note. Do you use any of those providers?

"Important information to Hotmail®, Outlook®, MSN® and Live® email users

Microsoft's email services are generating a lot of problems by rejecting notifications sent by our licensing system without understandable reasons. This has been forcing us to invest a significant part of our scarce user support resources to solve problems such as users who don't receive their license data, blocked support messages, license management services that cease working, etc.

If you use a Hotmail, Outlook, MSN or Live email account for your commercial license, you probably won't receive our notification emails, including the email with license activation codes and download/installation instructions. That email is sent automatically by our licensing system when you purchase your license, and the information it provides is absolutely necessary to activate and use your license.

Please be advised that, even if you add our corporate email server (pixinsight.com) to your "safe senders list", you'll probably have problems to use your license, now or in the future, since some of our notification messages may be blocked without apparent reason.

If you are a Microsoft email user, we strongly recommend you use a different email address (not on a Microsoft email service) for your commercial license. As two well-known examples, free Gmail and Yahoo email accounts work perfectly with our licensing system. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Checking WAY back... I made the purchase on Feb 28, 2015... I double checked on Mar 2nd, 2018 as I had not received the licensing... I emailed them and on the same day they determined that for some reason, I didn't get the email. That same day, they refunded my $$$, I bought it again and they sent me an email with licensing.

For some reason, AOL blocked the first email as they are auto generated upon receipt of payment.

My 2 cents.

• Jeff Struve and Jeffmar like this

#6 Kendahl

Kendahl

Apollo

• Loc: Pinedale, Arizona

Posted 23 July 2019 - 05:36 PM

For some reason, AOL blocked the first email

My wife and I use AOL. A friend of mine who uses her work e-mail for personal messages, too, wasn't receiving our e-mails. Her employer, figuring that they weren't getting business e-mails from customers who used AOL, raised hell with their internet provider until the problem was fixed. I had to create a Yahoo account to register with a forum because they, too, had problems with AOL.

#7 lambermo

lambermo

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: .nl

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:02 PM

Hey Jeffmar,

On Monday, the 15th, I paid 268 dollars to Pleiades for their Pixinsight software. It was supposed to be delivered within an hour but it has been nearly 8 days. 

I have sent them three emails asking them where the software is but so far they have declined to answer me. I even tried to get my money back through Paypal

but apparently my money now belongs to Pleiades so they can't give me a refund. To say I am not happy with Pleiades is a bit of an understatement. Has anyone

else had problems with them?

This sounds like only an email problem. I'm certain it is not bad intent. What email system do you use ? (MTA not MUA)

#8 Jeffmar

Jeffmar

Viking 1

• -----
  • topic starter
  • Loc: salt lake city, utah

Posted 26 July 2019 - 06:10 PM

Thanks to all of you for your responses. I am using the Outlook email. I have checked my spam folder and deleted emails but it wasn't there. I do have a Gmail account if I can remember what my address is.

#9 David-LR

David-LR

Vostok 1

• -----
  • Loc: AR

Posted 27 July 2019 - 02:02 PM

Outlook is your email program. Who is your internet email service provider?

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics