•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

ADC Recommendations

equipment imaging
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 gfstallin

gfstallin

Viking 1

• topic starter
  • Loc: Cheverly, Maryland USA

Posted 23 July 2019 - 03:26 PM

Folks, 

Any recommendations for an ADC? As far as I can tell, there are about half a dozen "amateur" models on the international market, though I am not sure of the distinctions between them. Does anyone have a strong preference for one over the other? 

I currently use the ZWO brand, but I've been eyeing the Pierro Astro version, provided I can still find it anywhere. Astro-Systems Holland is also another option I'd consider. Having said that, if there isn't much difference between them, I could probably spend my astro dollars on something that isn't a lateral change. 

George

Edited by gfstallin, 23 July 2019 - 03:28 PM.

#2 Lacaille

Lacaille

Viking 1

• -----
  • Loc: Canberra and Strasbourg

Posted 23 July 2019 - 04:51 PM

Hi George,

I use the Zwo one. I think Darryl uses that brand. He modified his by adding a bubble vial to ensure he can keep it levelled - I copied this, and the latest Zwo models actually come with one fitted.

Damian Peach says that all currently available brands perform well. It hard to imagine that anyone has done a rigorous comparison of the various brands under controlled conditions. Your efforts might be better spent on perfecting your use of the Zwo! Like much else, practice makes perfect.

Mark

P.S. Just saw your post replying to an ADC query and realised you are very much across the technology. I still would say that your money is better spent on other things than replacing your ADC!

Edited by Lacaille, 23 July 2019 - 04:57 PM.

• KiwiRay and gfstallin like this

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics