•  

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Photo

First to try the new 30mm eyepiece?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#26 Charles

Charles

Skylab

• -----

Posted 16 July 2003 - 09:37 PM

Scott, try the TelVue Panoptic 35mm. I use it often with my Meade 12". It really gives great views of the Orion Nebula and Moon. It has great eye relief and I come back to it often. I have a Scopetronix 40mm 2 inch I use for digital photography mostly. It is great but I like the little more power I get out of the 35mm.
Charles

#27 Oldfield

Oldfield

Fly Me to the Moon

Posted 22 July 2003 - 02:04 AM

Finally, I've compared the BW-Optik 30mm with the Japanese Widescan Type III and the 40mm Pentax SMC XL.

The Pentax is the lightest among them, the BW-Optik being the heaviest, the Pentax is so light that it won't upset the balance of my setup, but the BW-Optik will.

On the true field size, the Pentax and the Japanese Widescan is similar, the BW-Optik is narrower, I turned it upside down and discovered that the BW-Optik has a thicker ring as the field stop than the Japanese Widescan.

The BW-Optik has a greenish hue on the coating, and it affects its color fidelity where the Pentax is the best, the Widescan comes near.

Despite the price difference, I will go for the Pentax SMC XL for my lowest power finder eyepiece. The BW-Optik is a real bargain anyway, I will keep it.

#28 Mike28

Mike28

Gemini

Posted 08 November 2003 - 09:17 AM

Hi Charles:
TelVue is great. I purchased the 12,17,26 mm Naglers and the Radian 6 mm. I can never go back to the 1/25 lenses.
The Naglers have the 82` FOV and that spoiled me! I am going to purchase the 31mm Nagler to round off my set. The Radian is too powerful (6mm) for both sct's but it did bring Mars in perfect at this past summer Star Party. Telvue is awfully expensive but I think worth it. I would like to try another brand though. I like to keep a open mind for other brands. I might even find one I like. ;)

Mike....

CNers have asked about a donation box for Cloudy Nights over the years, so here you go. Donation is not required by any means, so please enjoy your stay.

Recent Topics

Cloudy Nights LLC
Cloudy Nights Sponsor: Astronomics